Want to go for a drive? On your own terms? Maybe you'd like to go without the club? Maybe you'd like to lead a tour but aren't interested in planning one?
The club goes on many tours throughout, well, North America really. This page certainly doesn't show them all.
The idea here is to encourage members, especially newer members, to grab a past, pre-packaged tour, and lead a tour sometime.
- Peruse these tours, and choose one you like
- Drive it on your own, or grab an assistant (friend, or member) and explore it. (Optional, being pre-run.)
- Contact our tour director for any assistance you may desire, or to schedule a good date for a club event
- The week before the club event, run it again to ensure that roads are still roads and not major construction sites
- Show up to your tour, select some sweeps and co-leaders as necessary.
- Enjoy the view from the front!
Being pre-packaged as these tours are, makes things quite easy. Most of these are very-well rehearsed, and have proven quite enjoyable. Of course, you might want to free-wheel it a little, make your own modifications and elaborations. We all love getting lost!
2019 Club Policy – Tour Leader Honoraria
In recognition of the hard work that our tour leaders do in preparing and running our club tours, and as a "thank you" from the Club, the Club Executive, where possible; will provide an honorarium payment. Generally, these tour honoraria will be paid out at the end of the of the touring season pending the executives approval. No expenses need be submitted, and there is only one tour leader per tour for the purposes of this disbursement. How that person decides to share that honorarium (with tour co-leaders, local support persons etc.) is entirely at the discretion of the recipient of the honorarium.
With no certainty regarding the return of traditional club activity, please find a good long list of materials for past events -- including GPX routes.
Please enjoy our roads safely, in all respects.
If you do go for a drive, and feel comfortable inviting a few other members to join you, you may consider our private message system to invite other members by region. In the time-honoured traditions of the club, be sure to include new members in your plans.
You must be a member to access routes. Please login.